Several recent industry reports and surveys tracking self-service trends have seen a jump in the use of automated self-services. According to an infographic compiled by 1-to-1 Media, “Self-Service is a growing global trend that’s helping customers to get the optimal experience they’re looking for more quickly.”
With the advancements made by each technologically savvy generation, there is a growing consumer need to be able to help themselves, manage their purchase, and see more immediate results. They also have a higher expectation for more self-service offerings whether at retail outlets, banks, supermarkets, post offices, medical facilities, pharmacies, motor vehicle departments, airports, seaports, hotels or train stations – virtually anywhere.
With this in mind, the time is ripe for each of these vertical industries to examine which of their offerings can in fact benefit from being turned into an automated self-service operation that will successfully and happily get customers what they want in an expedited manner – where they are ensured a quick, fair and successful transaction.
When looking at service offerings that can be automated here are some points to consider:
- Is the transaction something that is needed 24 hours a day – or could self-service automation enable it to be offered 24 hours a day?
- How long does the average transaction take when handled by staff?
- How long would the average transaction take if automated?
- How long is the waiting period on average to service a customer?
- How much time would be saved if the service was automated?
- How complex is the transaction you are looking to automate?
- Can you realize cost-savings by enabling customers to help themselves?
- Will your customer experience/customer journey improve as a result of self service automation – will your offer be competitive, attracting customers?
- Do you have additional upsell opportunities as a result of self service automation?